Financial Inclusion - Everyone's Agenda?
At the heart of tackling poverty and social exclusion in Scotland
Sponsored by Aon & Aviva
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER & WORKSHOP DETAILS
The event aims to help key organisations across Scotland tackle the causes and symptoms of financial exclusion and will include the official launch of the Financial Inclusion Toolkit. The programme for the day will include a range of keynote speakers and topical workshops.
The event is expected to attract around 300 delegates from Local Authorities, Scottish Government, CFEB, credit unions, advice organisations, registered social landlords and the private sector.
9.15am Registration and refreshments
10.00am Introduction by Chair, Alf Young
10.10am Welcome by Lord Provost of Glasgow City Council, Mr Robert Winter, and
Message from Minister of Housing & Communities, Alex Neil
10.25am The Scottish Poverty Alliance
11.00am Morning workshops
12.15pm Lunch and exhibition stands
1.05pm Introduction of afternoon session by Chair, Alf Young
1.10pm Launch of Toolkit – Alison MacCorquodale, DWP Financial Inclusion Champions Team for Scotland
1.35pm Afternoon Workshops
3.00pm Feedback from workshop session and questions
3.45pm Way Ahead/Closing Remarks from Damon Gibbons, Centre for Responsible
Credit/Debt On Our Doorstep
- Alf Young, Chair
- Launch of Financial Inclusion Toolkit for local authorities/partners
- Exhibition area showcasing financial inclusion projects, resources and services
Delegates will be able to attend 2 of the following workshops:
(click on flyer above to read full workshop descriptions)
- Mapping and Analysis—Tools Available to Better Assess Need
- Taking the Lead in the Push for Change for Tenants Contents Insurance
- Putting Financial Inclusion at the Heart of the Health Agenda
- Employability & Financial Exclusion—Working Towards Inclusion
- Credit Unions—Are We Doing Enough?
- Financial Inclusion in Rural Areas
- Making the Business Case
- Speed Networking